First cocoa app

zots

Re-member
I wrote this specifically for myself and you will see that when you run it, but if there is anything I can change or add that would make you want to use it let me know. All input is welcome.

Unzip the file and drop the folder in Applications/

To uninstall get rid of:
/Applications/Expense Tracker/
~/Library/Preferences/Expense Tracker.plist

-Data is automatically saved when you enter it.
-File Export creates a nicely formatted file in Applications/Expense Tracker/ which you can open in Textedit for printing your data.

Attachments

• expense tracker.zip
    39.1 KB · Views: 29
Nice clean application, zots. Congrats :) What did you make it with? Project Builder, Real Basic, etc.?

I like it. Is it kinda like an application that keeps information about "how much money is in the bank"? I would actually use this app to keep information everytime I do a transaction with the bank. Is that your first Cocoa App? That application is pretty elegant.

Originally posted by Jadey
Nice clean application, zots. Congrats :) What did you make it with? Project Builder, Real Basic, etc.?

Hey Jadey how's it goin? I'm pretty sure he made it with Cocoa. Man you are so cool for being a Mac chick. I would die for a girlfriend that was into Macs.

Jadey, I made it with Project Builder/Interface Builder(Cocoa).

Whitesaint, yeah I use it to keep track of the money in my debit account(if you overcharge your account you get a fee of about $30).

When somebody bumps a thread it usually means one of two things:

1) They feel as though the thread is a nessecity to the forum.
2) They feel like what's in the thread is cool/nice. :)

Anyway, did you use a tutorial to get idea's/basic concept for this program? Just wondering where you guys learn this kind of stuff...

Thanks for the bump :)
The idea came from a problem I had, I have to keep track of my debit balance so I don't overcharge and I do not like writing everything in my checkbook. So I made a digital checkbook. Originally it was done for OS9 2 years ago in RB.
So far I have learned everything from books/documentation/online tuts/example code/forums.

Back