First post with Phoenix for MacOSX!

yep, that' what the world needs right now. another mozilla for mac project. not that i'm knocking having choices, but now that safari is out from apple, how many other choices do we need? already the guys ho have worked on alternate browsers are wondering if they can keep pace. so unless this browser has something other than tabbed browsing to offer, what's the point? pc user recognition? :p

I tried that but it insisted on opening a new window(not tab) for every bookmark I tried going to. So I stopped using it. Is there a way to make it not do that? Cause it's a nice alternative.

no chimera rocks!

this thing looks like it came from a world of windows.

chimera is more mac-user friendly.

NOTE: my default browser is Safari (its fast!)

Phoenix was to Windows about what Chimera was for Mac: 'Something like Galeon for Linux, we need that, too! A small(er) footprint mozilla.'

There's nothing wrong with porting Phoenix to Mac OS X, basically. It's nice to show it can be done. But I don't think you'll get a very nice product out of it anytime soon. It would take too much work. I think all of the 'I am porting Mozilla to ...' projects should take a look at the efforts of porting OpenOffice.org to Mac OS X. That might help us. We _have_ browsers, thank you. :p

If only I could have these browsers turned into one...

Speed and compatibility of Safari
Interface, dockling and tabs of Chimera
Spell-check, download manager and user-defined shortcuts of OmniWeb

All things I want are in these 3 browsers, if only one would get them all...

Even if this Phoenix port shows how powerful and potentially capable the Mozilla project is, it's completely useless IMHO.

:D

Originally posted by voice-

things like this u should report to Apple
send them an email :) gets things done faster
the more interest we show. the more we can guide them through to what WE want :)

Originally posted by voice-

Don't forget OmniWeb's banner ad blocking! Safari at least handles pop-ups, but blocking banner ads can make the fast even faster! and make web pages look less offensive.

Back