[FIXED] Cannot respond to or close owned tickets

ora

Registered
OK, i think this may be related to the disappearing question issue. A user responded to this question, and it immediately disappeared from the list of My questions, as it has before (i think Cheryl manually relocated the last one for me), though i got an email notification

I wanted to reply so i clicked the appropriate link from the email, and got to the question, but the reply box is the one for Private (Tech only) comments it seems. I also went and located the question through the active tickets list and tried there, and had the same problem. Screenshot of this attached.

I also found that when i get an email notification and want to close the ticket, clicking the appropriate link in the email doesn't seem to help, and the ticket still shows up with the status of "Response" in my list. For instance I tried to close this ticket and can't.

Finally, on an aside, i can't see where to repool a question, but I might just be being stupid.

Cheers,

PS- in case it matters, running Safari 2.04 on 10.4.7 on a 12" alubook 867.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    25 KB · Views: 3
See the volunteer forums:

We had about a 12 hour window in which any responses made to techs, while techs where notified, they where set to unassigned status, thus the tech lost ownership.

You must have been in that 12-hour-window.. just wait until Scott sees your question, then he can re-assign ownership.

Well perhaps, i'm getting a touch confused having the bug reporting forum and the single thread you linked. That said, its happened with a couple of tickets which i think were more than 12 hours apart and Ben had the problem on the 4th. I'll see if it persists.

/edit: nope, i took one ticket on the 6th and one on the 7th, the problem ben had was on the 4th so I can't see how it was in that timeslot.

Ora, that ticket is assigned to you. When you go to that ticket, you should be able to reply to it. If not, then we have a bug.

I cannot reply to this ticket. If this is the one you mean we have a bug. Its just as the screenshot above, and its not in the 'my questions' list and i can only get to it via the overall active questions list. As i said before i got the notification email but the links didn't allow me to reply.

I can now close this one that i also mentioned, which Cheryl reattached to me before.

PS- just to be clear, i love the new site, its brought me back to answering questions after a work stress induced gap, and once the bugs are sorted this will be by far the best system of its type i've seen.

Owen,
Try that ticket again to see if it is on your ticket list.

What I have noticed is when the user responds, the ownership suddenly disappears. It has been happening to my tickets as well.

Yep cheryl, i own the ticket in question again, but thats exactly what i get. Its in the list until the user responds then I lose it and can't reply.

Cheers everyone.

Ora,

Looks like you may have go around this. I logged in as you (replaced your encrypted password w/ mine) and was able to get a "Submit Response" option on the page in question.

I believe this issue is now resolved.

Yep, i wasn't sure as i think Cheryl had moved that ticket back to em before you checked it, but I just had a reply from another user and I retained ownership of the ticket. Cheers!

Back