[FIXED] Notifications points to bad entries list

philippe99

Registered
Scott, in my account, I have a "(1) Notifications" clickable link which drives to a page full a "01/01/1970" entry dates

At this time, I'm quite sure for not being involved in macosx.com, neither being able to use my first computer -a 1978 Commodore 64- ;)

Philippe

Attachments

• screenshot_01.png
    screenshot_01.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 2
My notification dates list 1969 and after I answer to user responded tickets, the notification always stays at 1.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 3
And I've just discover this afternoon that notifications means... answer from the customer

I was sitting for two days before the Beta2 'My tickets' waiting for a colour change of some questions' title, indicating a possible response..as in the old system... and not paying any attention to the "(x) Notifications" climbing number ...;-)

Philippe

Notifications are combined, responses from users (or techs) and private messages. The My Account main page (dashboard) breaks out what the notifications mean, 2 User Responses, 5 private messages.

The update is not dynamic, in the sense that it could take a minute or so for the notifications to update... this was done in the interest of saving resources which makes pages load faster. Granted, that one thing isn't going to make a huge difference, but it is things like this in the new code which help overhead on the server.

For example, the Open/Active question list is like this as well. Updated every minute. This way, instead of building a new open question list for every tech viewing every page reload... I build one "view" and save this into site variables which makes everything run much faster.

I will take a look at the date issues, I have seen some odd things. I think much of it is because of the difference between old code (primary site) and new code... not jiving together.

Yep. Those dates are gone. It still registers 1 notification.
1-0 of 0

I don't understand the whole notification thing. Notifications are on the My Account main page... the 1-0 of 0 thing is which page? My Questions or My Tickets or other?

Picture 1 shows that I have clicked on the Notifications in the menu bar after I got into My Account.

Picture 2 is after i have clicked on 1 unread tech response.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 4
In my Accounts I show 2 notifications, but when I click on the link to the unread notifications, nothing is showing.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 1
What is the url of what you are showing? Should you have any ticket (asked questions) in your My Questions area?

My Questions is for when YOU ask questions. My Tickets is for when YOU answer questions. So, if you have not asked any, then it should not be showing any. So, the 1 of 0 is an error, but other than that is correct.

Possibly when you read responses from users it is not updating the flag you have read it or not read it. I have mixed feelings with that situation anyway. I brought it over because it was in the old code, but now that we are sending responses in email to the user, then we really have no idea of they read it or not.

Back