Flash MX 2004 7.2 won't start.

Lt Major Burns

"Dicky" Charlteston-Burns
Every time i try to launch it, it bounces once in the dock, the triangle marker appears, and then nothing. if a context-click it, it's already not responding, so all i can do is Force Quit.

It appears to be as a result of 10.4.3. i have tried: Repairing permissions, (there was a lot of bad ones), updating from 7.0 to 7.2 using macromedia update (although this doesn't mention 10.4.3), rebooting, logging in as a new user, and launching (same happens), trashing all .plists, trashing the computer of anything flash and reinstalling... nothing works. any ideas?

i'm going to boot into an old 10.4.2 backup and see if it works there (not ideal, as the back up was created so i could fresh install. the backup was a very dodgy, unstable enviroment, and needed drastic work, so i can't very well use it again.)

anyone? or is this just a 10.4.3 thing? because if it is, then that's pretty bad. Flash is a major thing in the industry. is anyone else having these probelms?

is everyone stumped on this one? am i just meant to either a) never use flash again or b) never update my computer again?

because those are the only options i have.

i'm having the same problem. MX 2004 just stopped working one day, won't progress past "Initializing Fonts". downloaded trial verson of Flash 8, that won't open all the way either. same with dreamweaver. i have no idea what's wrong. tried un/re-installing, logging in as different user. downloaded update and hotfix, to no avail.

no idea. am kind of a novice, but it worked for about 5 months before it started getting hinky. now, after 15-20 minutes of "initializing fonts" the program will open, but if i close a project and try to open a new one flash locks up and i have to force quit.

problem solved. for some ungodly reason flash and dreamweaver both freeze during startup if my airport card is running. i turn airport off, and voila, they open without a hitch. i have tested this extensively. what one has to do with the other, i have no idea. hope this helps anyone else out there.

Update: turn off the startpage in Flash/Preferences. that's what is clashing with the network. this is a Macromedia supplied solution and is definitive. you don't really need the startpage anyway.

Back