Flash MX RELEASED!

I went to download this morning, and was bothered by a few things...

1) Macromedia is still using the V-Box technology for ESD, which means you will need to use the Classic environement to unpackage the installer. I can't believe after a year they haven't carbonized that thing, or moved on to a technology that will work directly within OS X.

2) I didn't see any option on the ESD upgrade to get a physical CD and manual shipped when available. This used to be an option for $10, and gives you some piece of mind when spending $200 on a downloaded application

3) Their servers are SLOW. It took 5 minutes just to get the main page loaded.

With all this, I may just opt for the box instead of the ESD. The bit about needing Classic to unpackage is just ridiculous.

took me 20 minutes just to get to the download page. as we speak, i'm downloading it now. 889 bytes/sec and i'm on a dsl

Macromedia: Try before you Buy!
Me: Yea. Download!
Macromedia: Sorry trial download unavailable.
Me: Son of a #$^&=

gread plan macromedia. Tell the world about your great new software then make it unavailable. And i'm not about to spend the bucks until i try it first.

Twister

does anyone had the trial download downloaded? i'm looking for an alternitive place to download. macromedia is not allowing downloads of the trial. not at this time anyways.

Twister

trials always come out a few days/weeks/months after the intial release. for nearly all software companies.

i got it. i just had to wait and wait and wait and answer a bunch of stupid questions and wait and wait and then it finally let me download the tiral. havent installed it yet though. soon. and it didnt say it was for X but it better be. i didnt have a choice.

Twister

first 14 inches of snow
then new flash
and friends coming this weekend
yea yea yea

i only have the 30 day trial and i cant upload it until monday. i'm on a 56k connection this weekend. if you still want it on monday let me know.

twister

Back