Flash not displaying properly in firefox

s.macneill

Registered
G'day. Using the latest & Greatest version of Firefox. My problem is when i visit any site with flash, it loads fine, and i can see it, but as soon as i click in it, or move my mouse over it, it all disapears. all i then see is any 'motion' type parts of the flash that keeps refreshing, the rest of it stays invisible. aagain this is only when i click in it or something. any suggestions?
-S
s(dot)macneill(at)gmail(dot)com

That sounds really, really wrong. The most important question is, what happens if you hit the same page in Safari or IE? What version of flash & firefox are you running? Panther or Tiger? You will have to go to http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/ to find out what version of Flash you have. The latest Firefox is version 1.0.3 and Flash is version 7,0,24,0.

Sounds like a refresh issue, I think I've seen it before once or twice. What happens if you try to resize the window a little?

I'm running Mac OS X Panther, and the flash version i'm running is 7.0.24.0, firefox is also 1.0.3.

When i initially had this issue i went through and deleted firefox, re-d/l and installed. i also re-installed flash, always same results

Safari works A-1. As for I.E. i'd rather not see my flash than install that on my mac ... :cool:

Did you try just resizing your window a little? What's the URL? Can I test it out or is it for all Flash? What extensions do you have installed?

I've seen problems with the site I have worked on and Firefox. There are java script pull-down menus over flash. The menus don't function over the Flash in Firefox. Check out this page and see if it does what your describing in your post:

http://www.geniusproducts.com

It does it for any site with flash. How do i do a screen shot in mac os? i can try and do one so you can see what i mean.. the best way i can describe it. Just say there's a window with a flash animation of a ball bouncing accross the screen, the only thing that is moving on this animation is the ball bouncing. basically as soon as i move my mouse over it, the whole thing would disapear, but as the ball is moving, only the ball, and the small bit of background behind it would become vsible again, the rest of the animation stays missing. so when i hit a flash with lots moving, i only see the moving parts if that makes sence.

even the site i waspointed to above to check the flash version, it did the same thing, all disapeared, i had to load it 2 or 3 times before i could see my version #.

Well... good news, i think i found the problem. Still testing, but so far so good.

today i picked up Tiger, came home, decided to do a full clean install. first thing i did , install firefox, install my extensions. tried a flash site, same thing.

So, if a new o/s, new install of everything, same results, it has to be something common.

I uninstalled the ADBLOCK extension for firefox, and so far, i have not had the problem. looks like that may have been the culprit.

will update later tonight if i'm still having the problem
-S

Extensions are usually the issue when there are problems. With AdBlock, turn off the flash overlay option and that should fix it.

Tools -> Adblock -> Overlay Flash

I think that'll do it. Make sure it's not got a check by it. If that doesn't do it then go into Adblock preferences and make sure Obj-Tabs doesn't have a check by it. It's one of the two just don't remember which one.

Back