Flash player 9 not installing

legdrop

Registered
Hello. I'm trying to install flash player nine. I am using OS 10.2.8. I download the .dmg file on to my hard drive. When I click the .dmg icon I get the box to install the flash player. It reads 12 items to install. It get's to item number 4 and then it just gets stuck. It shows that it's searching "untitled." But nothing is going on. It goes on for hours. I have tried this over 20 times with the same results. I use Firefox & Safari. Anyone got an idea of what's wrong? Thank you.

I'm having the same problem myself, except I am using OS 10.4.11. I'm trying to install Flash Player 9 on my powerpc iBook. Has anyone figured out a solution? Thanks!!

I am having the same problem trying to install Flash Player 9. It gets stuck with 4 items remaining to be installed. I also cannot install Studio 8, versions of Dreamweaver 8 and Flash 8. Those installs both get stuck with 190 items remaining to be installed. The computer stalls and makes the same noise in both instances (trying to install the Flash Player 9 update, as well as Dreamweaver 8 and Flash 8). I've fixed my permissions and it still does it.

I tried to use the Adobe Uninstall Flash Player .dmg to try to troubleshoot the problem and even that freezes, so I can't even uninstall the earlier version. All of these products are from Macromedia (now Adobe). I'm on a 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5, running Mac OSX 10.4.11. If anyone has an idea as to what might be causing this to freeze, stall, or what have you, during the installation, please advise.

Thanks,
Jeff

Edit: I found this link to resolve the Dreamweaver/Flash 8 intall hanging with 190 items left to install.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=dd0a85af&sliceId=1

Last edited:
I've installed Flash 9 recently on some snow iMac G3 computers running 10.2.8 and they installed just fine. Have you made sure that no browsers are actively running when you perform the installation? Check the Dock and make sure that there's no black triangle underneath the icon (which means it's actively running).

To quit completely from an app in Mac OS, make sure you go to the app's name at the top menu (the name of the app will show on the menu if it's the frontmost active app) and select Quit, or just hit Cmd-Q from the keyboard. Once you're sure you are not running any browsers, perform the installation.

Also, make sure you're downloading the one for PowerPC, not the Intel one. You can find the downloads here:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/down...rod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=MacOSX

I have the same problem.

What occurs is that folder opens and I am directed to simply drag internet plug-in files to the internet plug-in folder in the Mac OS folder. However, there is NO program image mounted on the desktop, etc.

At present I have a version of flash player from 2004. Its image is mounted. the 2004 program saves as ".fla" The latest version saves flash files as ".flv" The 2004 will not open ".flv" files.

It seems that because there is no flash player 9.2,etc. image mounted that the files default to flash player 7.o from 2004, because that is still the default program. If a 9.2 image mounted I could CHOOSE this over the 7.0.

Alas, the only thing that occurs when I install is that I am directed to drag files to a folder... and no program image.

By the By, I am running 10.4.11 on my Mac G5.

Back