Flash Problems

ginster vr6

Registered
I installed a game on my MacBook Pro and during the install overwrote all my flash plugins with powerpc ones. Now all the flash pages I visit in safari do not work. I have reinstalled safari in hopes that it would overwrite the files but it did not. Does anyone know how to reinstall flash for Intel macs with doing a full system restore?

Hi

I had the same problem when I purchased a new Intel Mac.

Find the Pacifist Version 1.6.3 application for Macs for a trial period. Get your installation disc 1. Load Pacifist - it will take you through the steps to find the Flash plug-in which is already on your computer and reinstall it. then you have to put it into your plug-in libraries. Then go and get Flash Play 8 for OS 10. Voila - you will be up and running like I am. :)

Thank you verry much i did exactly wat they say and it works you save my life :) and my computer :))) thenk you soooooooooooooo much :))

i installed pacifist. mounted my restore disk. reinstalled flash over existing. installed flash 8. same problem. i did not find this it will take you through the steps to find the Flash plug-in which is already on your computer. thanks in advance. Fedora Core user.

you have to completely de-install Flash before you begin. Then load the install disc and pacifist and it will take you to the steps to find the flash player plug-in enabler on your computer. make a copy on your desktop. go to libraries and put one of the plug-ins in the internet plug-ins folder. Then download Flash 8.0, use stuff-it, and then put the emblem in your applications. those are the steps i took and it worked for me.

This guy probably explains it better:

http://www.justingoodlett.org/

Back