flashing a Powerbook Superdrive

the_kerns

Registered
I have a 17inch power book with a MATSHITADVD-R UJ-845E super drive. I want to set it to RPC-1. Does anyone know of a safe firmware update for this drive? I am down to my last region setting and want to watch CYPHER on dvd. Damn Hollywood for their region setting and great movies!

Please could someone help me???

the kerns

Use VLC for watching DVDs of other region codes until you find your "safe" firmware patcher.

ok, i have installed vlc. It seems DVD Player is blocking VLC from playing the dvd. When the disc is inserted, DVD Player launches and asks to change the region settings in order to play. Becuase i only have one more change left until it is blocked i press cancel and the dvd ejects. I tried to get around this by force quitting DVD Player when it launches which works. VLC recognises the dvd in the drive but when i click on open the window pops up for a second and then dissapears as if it is still being blocked. What do i have to do to make this dvd work? Shall i just throw DVD PLayer into the trash to get rid of it blocking vLC, or are there settings i have to change?

ps. the region is set to Region 1 and i am trying to play a Region 2 disc.

the kerns

thekerning.com

I always forget to add this, since it's the first thing I change in sysprefs when for the first time I put in a DVD. ;)

I have switched it but it keeps getting blocked. The window will appear for a second and then dissappear. Is there something else i must do?

the kerns

thekerning.com

Back