Flattery is a wonderful thing!

mmm - ive got a mate with a windoze portable, thats skinned to look like osx. Hes not a mac fan at all otherwise. Apple skins, aqua and apple logos seem pretty fasionable amongst pc users right now - I was looking at some windoze discussion board thing about Longhorn (linked from one of the discussions on this site), and there was a user there with an apple logo as an avatar. Personally I'd never skin my prescious mac with an XP (or worse, longhorn) skin, or use a flying windoze flag as an avatar! (If I ever set an avatar...)

ged3000 said:
Personally I'd never skin my prescious mac with an XP (or worse, longhorn) skin, or use a flying windoze flag as an avatar! (If I ever set an avatar...)

Right, right... But the issue here isn't whether or not Mac users would skin their machines to look like XP or Longhorn. It's been obivously since the 1980's that Mac's win on the visual front. The issue was skinning a wintel to "look" somewhat like a osx in particular.

Lol. I suppose there are some people who would throw that on their mac just to laugh at all the gaudy colors for a while. =P

I thought this thread was about how Longhorn is trying to jump ahead of OS X, and since their copying alot of OS X's concepts, Apple should be flattered. Since copying is the highest form of flattery. ::puts ice shields up::

No this thread is about the recent wired article about XP'ers skinning their desktops to look and "almost feel" like OSX.

At least... That wat I thought it was about lol.

Yeah, when others are copying your work, you become the innovator, and they become the drones who love your work. ie: me = drone. lol

Back