flip4mac and imovie

sinclair_tm

wow, 1.4g is way faster!
ok, my question, if i buy flip4mac wmv player pro, will i be able to now drag wmv to imovie and it will import them for editing, and later burning with idvd? also, do i need to add qt pro to the mix, or will the flip4mac plug-in be all that i need for imovie? has anyone else done this?

with QT Pro you can use the free Flip4Mac and create a .mov file which you can then import into iMovie. F4M is THE way to go...very good product by a great company...

i understand that, but the flip4mac player pro is cheaper, so can i use it to just do drag and drop into imovie without qt pro?

Flip4Mac is a QuickTime codec. WMV Player is a pointer to the QuickTime Player which hosts QuickTime icons for Windows Media. WMV Player Pro allows QuickTime-compatible apps to convert Windows Media into other formats. It is not a substitute for QuickTime Pro. The combination of Flip4Mac WMV Player Pro and the bundled version of iMovie is the cheapest way to convert WMV into MOV. With WMV Player Pro and QuickTime Pro, you can convert WMV into any other QuickTime-compatible format.

well, i don't need to convert it to anything other than what imovie uses, so i'll be getting flip4mac player pro. thanks mister for answering my question.

Back