Fluxbox anyone?

pwolfe1

Registered
has anyone successfully compiled fluxbox on OSX (Panther)? Mine fails with the following errors.
BTW, its not in fink, or fink-unstable.

Code:
fluxbox.cc: In member function `void Fluxbox::save_rc()':
fluxbox.cc:1866: warning: long unsigned int format, int arg (arg 3)
fluxbox.cc:1976: error: `B_EuropeanDate' undeclared (first use this function)
fluxbox.cc:1976: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for 
   each function it appears in.)
fluxbox.cc: In member function `void Fluxbox::load_rc()':
fluxbox.cc:2094: warning: long unsigned int format, int32_t arg (arg 3)
fluxbox.cc: In member function `void Fluxbox::load_rc(BScreen*)':
fluxbox.cc:2324: error: `B_AmericanDate' undeclared (first use this function)
make[3]: *** [fluxbox.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

it looks like localization is an issue, but I really have no idea what I'm looking at. any ideas? fluxbox is one of the last things on my OSX laundry list. thanks in advance!

pwolfe1 said:
has anyone successfully compiled fluxbox on OSX (Panther)? Mine fails with the following errors.
BTW, its not in fink, or fink-unstable.

Code:
fluxbox.cc: In member function `void Fluxbox::save_rc()':
fluxbox.cc:1866: warning: long unsigned int format, int arg (arg 3)
fluxbox.cc:1976: error: `B_EuropeanDate' undeclared (first use this function)
fluxbox.cc:1976: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for 
   each function it appears in.)
fluxbox.cc: In member function `void Fluxbox::load_rc()':
fluxbox.cc:2094: warning: long unsigned int format, int32_t arg (arg 3)
fluxbox.cc: In member function `void Fluxbox::load_rc(BScreen*)':
fluxbox.cc:2324: error: `B_AmericanDate' undeclared (first use this function)
make[3]: *** [fluxbox.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

it looks like localization is an issue, but I really have no idea what I'm looking at. any ideas? fluxbox is one of the last things on my OSX laundry list. thanks in advance!

I ran into the same compile problem. I've been taking a look into the source, but have not yet found the problem.

francopotento said:
I ran into the same compile problem. I've been taking a look into the source, but have not yet found the problem.

well, I'm glad it isn't just me then. Doesn't it look like it is failing due to some localization issue?

pwolfe1 said:
well, I'm glad it isn't just me then. Doesn't it look like it is failing due to some localization issue?

well, it seems, that the date format is parsed different on linux and freebsd/mac os x :/

so we'll have to either go through and edit all this code ourselves, or ask the maintainer to do so, basically.

I hopped on the irc channel and spoke with a package maintainer. fluxbox can be had for osx through fink. you have to do this though:

add fink-unstable to your sources, and do

fink update-rsync.

worked perfectly for me!

pwolfe1 said:
I hopped on the irc channel and spoke with a package maintainer. fluxbox can be had for osx through fink. you have to do this though:

add fink-unstable to your sources, and do

fink update-rsync.

worked perfectly for me!

how do i 'add fink-unstable to my sources'? i'm somewhat new to unix type stuff.

when i try to compile flux through fink commander, it gives me a message that it requires the x-window system libraries and headers. i currently have apple's final X11 under 10.3.1. i have been reading the fink docs and came across something related to this, but it doesn't mention exactly what to do except install the X user package.

gilga000 said:
when i try to compile flux through fink commander, it gives me a message that it requires the x-window system libraries and headers. i currently have apple's final X11 under 10.3.1. i have been reading the fink docs and came across something related to this, but it doesn't mention exactly what to do except install the X user package.

do you have the apple developers tools installed?

Back