Font Change In Indesign 3 When Exporting to Eps

voorigoams

Registered
Hi, When i do an export from In-design to eps it sometimes change the font to Myriad-roman or Myriad-Pro. Does this looks familiar to anybody ??

Which font is changed to Myriad? You might have a font that either is missing it's printer font or is restricted use or is corrupt. Let us know which font you're trying to use.

Have you Preflighted your document?

Do you export to PDF/X-1a?

There are several fonts changing to myriad. Gill sans, Helvetica and frutiger as far as we have seen. Why does adobe changes the fonts ? Is there a preference in InDesign CS ? We installed Pitstop to check the pdf files from those postscript files. But we don't know what is changed to what.

Dunno about InDesign – as the name suggests, I bat for the other team. In QuarkXPress, there is a setting in the prefs that allows you to specify a default replacement font.

The fact that you are getting this problem at the printing stage suggests that you could have missing fonts.

Are you using PostScript Type 1 versions of the fonts you mentioned? If so, don't forget that you need the screen font (which is activated by Suitcase, or whatever font management software you're using) AND a separate printer font. BOTH must be present in the same folder to work properly.

An orphaned screen font WILL appear to work fine until it's time to print, but if it cannot connect to its proper printer font, it will not work properly. I have yet to come across any pre-flight software that ALSO checks for the presence of the accompanying T1 printer font. Could it be that your system is substituting a default replacement?

You bat for the other team, eh? :) I switched from Quark 2 years ago and have never looked back.

As far as the question goes, how exactly are you exporting your PDF files? I recommend PDF X/1-a files because they alert you to any file issues and won't rip a pdf if issues exist.

Back