Font Mess !!!! Help !!!!

Stejimenez

Registered
Hi:

Im a new Convert to Mac. I have a MBP 17", newly purchased.

It happens that I copied all my windows Files to Mac HD>Library>Fonts , and Now office and Every other progra takes forever just to pen (all Say "Optimizing Font Performance"). the problem is i dont know witch fonts to erase... Unlike windows Mac do not store the date in witch the files are copied and now from my 3000+ fonts I dont know how to recognize the real system fonts.

Can Someone help me ???

I tried Suitcase Fussion, but since all the fonts are on a system folder Suitcase Fusion cannot help me solve the problem.

Best Regards,

Stejimenez

Hi:

Im a new Convert to Mac. I have a MBP 17", newly purchased.

It happens that I copied all my windows Files to Mac HD>Library>Fonts , and Now office and Every other progra takes forever just to pen (all Say "Optimizing Font Performance"). the problem is i dont know witch fonts to erase... Unlike windows Mac do not store the date in witch the files are copied and now from my 3000+ fonts I dont know how to recognize the real system fonts.

Can Someone help me ???

Below you find the contents of my FONT map. I have added some fonts, but you can pick at least about 2900+ to remove.

AlBayan.ttf
Baghdad.ttf
Arial Narrow
Arial Rounded Bold
Apple Chancery.dfont
KufiStandarGK.ttf
Krungthep.ttf
Klang MT
Wanted LET Fonts
EuphemiaCASRegular.ttf
EuphemiaCASItalic.ttf
EuphemiaCASBold.ttf
Equation Editor Fonts
Didot.dfont
DevanagariMTBold.ttf
DevanagariMT.ttf
#Pilgiche.dfont
#PCmyoungjo.dfont
Apple Symbols.ttf
Bodoni SvtyTwo OS ITC TT
Bodoni SvtyTwo ITC TT
AlBayanBold.ttf
AmericanTypewriter.dfont
Bertram LET Fonts
Bordeaux Roman Bold LET Fonts
Bradley Hand ITC TT-Bold
AppleMyungjo.dfont
Arial MT Cn Lt
Apple LiSung Light.dfont
#HeadlineA.dfont
Andale Mono
Cochin.dfont
????.ttf
?? Pro.ttf
Zapfino.dfont
Zapf Dingbats
Zapf Chancery
Verdana
TremorITC TT
Trebuchet MS
Times New Roman
Thonburi.ttf
Stone Sans SC ITC TT
Stone Sans OS ITC TT
Stone Sans ITC TT
Skia.dfont
Silom.ttf
Script MT Bold
Sathu.ttf
Raanana.ttf
RaananaBold.ttf
PortagoITC TT
PlantagenetCherokee.ttf
Party LET Fonts
Papyrus.dfont
Optima.dfont
Old English Text MT
NISC18030.ttf
NewPeninimMTInclined.ttf
NewPeninimMTBoldInclined.ttf
NewPeninimMTBold.ttf
NewPeninimMT.ttf
New Berolina MT
Nadeem.ttf
MTExt
MshtakanRegular.ttf
MshtakanOblique.ttf
MshtakanBold.ttf
#Gungseouche.dfont
Baskerville.dfont
ChalkboardBold.ttf
ArialHB.ttf
Gill Sans Condensed Bold
Georgia
GenevaCY.dfont
Futura.dfont
ArialHBBold.ttf
Corsiva.ttf
Copperplate.dfont
MshtakanBoldOblique.ttf
Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT
Machine ITC TT
MarkerFelt.dfont
LunaITC TT Bold
Lettertypen Vergelijkingseditor
Kai.dfont
Jokerman LET Fonts
InaiMathi.ttf
Hoefler Text.dfont
Herculanum.dfont
HelveticaNeue.dfont
HelveticaCY.dfont
Gurmukhi.ttf
GujaratiMTBold.ttf
GujaratiMT.ttf
GillSans.dfont
Bookman
CharcoalCY.dfont
Bodoni Ornaments ITC TT
BigCaslon.dfont
Bickley Script LET Fonts
BiauKai.dfont
BlairMdITC TT-Medium
Chalkboard.ttf
Bodoni MT Ultra Bold
????.ttf
????.ttf
Webdings
DecoTypeNaskh.ttf
Courier New
CorsivaBold.ttf
Brush Script
Comic Sans MS
Impact
Humana Serif ITC TT
Aristocrat LET Fonts
Ayuthaya.ttf
Arial Black

Good Luck, Kees

PC fonts don't easily transfer over to your mac because mac files have 2 directory forks per file, pcs have only one.

I'd recommend downloading the FREE Font Explorer app (it's GREAT and I've used it professionally for 2 years now): http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorer

Once you get that app, go to Tools/Clean System Fonts and FE will move all non system fonts out of that system/fonts folder.

To set up your user fonts you're going to need to convert your pc fonts to mac. I've posted on a thread that answers this here:
http://macosx.com/forums/design-media/277664-will-mac-font-work-pc.html?highlight=fonts+pc

And remember, put all your user fonts in the first level of your hard drive in a folder labeled MY FONTS or whatever you like, and then load all your fonts there. Don't load your fonts from a server or put them in system/fonts.

Thanks to all of You for your answers... you have been wonderfull. I think that The mess got bigger... I Used Suitcase Fusion and Fontdoctor to clean all my duplicated font files and now I dont kow what happened... I Still have 3000+ fonts and all my menus are missing Letters.

Sometimes Says " ac Help" instead of "Mac Help" and in ome other places I read " eystrokes sample" with a small square instead of the K "Keytrokes Sample".

What Should I Do??

Thanks

Sterling

See my previous post for helpful tips. Also remember these fonts are used by your system and must be in your system/fonts folder:
http://216.109.125.130/search/cache...required+mac+os&d=DXOtKexsOMih&icp=1&.intl=us

These essential system fonts need to be in the system/library/fonts folder:
AppleGothic.dfont
AquaKanaBold.otf
AquaKanaRegular.otf
Courier.dfont
Geneva.dfont
HelveLTMM
Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro W3.otf
Helvetica LT MM
Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro W6.otf
Keyboard.dfont
Hiragino Maru Gothic Pro W4.otf
LastResort.dfont
Hiragino Mincho Gothic Pro W3.otf LucidaGrande.dfont
Hiragino Mincho Gothic Pro W6.otf Monaco.dfont
Osaka.dfont
OsakaMono.dfont
Times LT MM
TimesLTMM

Thanks Natobasso... You have solved my problem. I just Installed Linotype Font Explorer and cleaned System folder.

It have deleted all the Files that were not supposed to be in the /library/fonts
and created a new folder in witch placed the files.

Also I dont know what happened, sin ce the cleaning my problem with missing letters have dessapeared. I think that since it disabled my "Suitcase Fusion" everithing is working great.

I just have to learn how to automatticly activate the fonts I Need for all my Powerpoint & Keynotes Presentation.

Best Regards,

Stejimenez

Back