Font Problems, Printing to PDF, and Websharing

fof

Registered
Hello, I have a series of troubles since I installed OS X Jaguar. I think I was quite comfortable with how "Classic" operated so my fonts, print drivers, basically everything was working adequately. Now I find that this new interface is dumbed down and I have no idea how to do anything.

I realize that OSX is a much more powerful system but could someone please answer these basic questions for me:

1. How do I organize my 300 fonts. I only want 5 on and the rest can sit and wait until I need them. (Suitcase is not a good option due to conflicts with Adobe)

2. I would like to Print to File (PDF) in Illustrator 10 on OSX (Where are the print drivers, is there such a thing anymore).

3. I would like to have more PDF options in my Illustrator 10 (i guess I should be talking to the Adobe people about this).

4. Why can't I get my "Websharing" to work. (I constantly get that apache html page which I swore I kept deleting).

I realize I am not very computer literate but damn, everything was just fine 2 months ago. I hope someone can give me advice or links to for remedial learning sites for people like me.

Thanks,
Fof

1) Take them off your Fonts folder, then drag them in when needed. Reboot your apps to make it work. That's the old way to go, I haven't found any ATM/ATR replacement.

2) Illustrator has an integrated PDF printer. Otherwise, select Print, then Print as PDF, or even Preview should work.

3) See answer #2.

4) Enable Websharing and drag your index.html file in the Sites folder. Should work. Otherwise open your server and drag your index.html file in the /Library/Webserver/Documents folder.

IMHO I have found Fontreserve from Diamond soft to be the "best" font manager for both os 9 and X. Give them a try, I use it every day with app 2000 fonts.
Hope this helps,

Erik

Thanks so much...

1. I will cross my fingers for some sort of font managment program that improves for professional usage.

2. For some reason when I print I get an error and a PDF is created with 0kb in it.

4. Ahhhh, Thanks for that.

Thanks again, I will persevere this new system and soon will overcome it.

Fof

Yo dudes

I used Adobe ATM before switcing to OS X ages ago...

I now use Suitcase 10 (is os x) fine and dandy - works fine with all my apps (even in classic mode using quark). Works fine with Adobe products to...

Worth ago...

Back