Fonts not reading correctly.

kbulava85

Registered
so i backed up everything on my hdd using superduper to an external drive. then did a format/reinstall on my boot drive. after reinstalling i simply dragged my collection of fonts from the external /library/fonts/ to the boot drive's /library/fonts/ folder. now all of a sudden my fonts are out of whack. My browser is using different fonts and TextEdit is even taking a while to load cause it seems to be looking for another font, which it should have. i didn't replace any existing files just added new ones.

Anyway I tried restarting it and that made no difference. anyone have any ideas? is there maybe a pkg installer on the install discs for os x for just the fonts u think that might work?

thanks so much for ur time.

Hmm, thank you for the article I did try to use the "Reinstalling your fonts" section. However, I must have a different installation cd than the one this documentation was done with. None of the information seems to be the same.

It does, however, have a list of all the fonts that are essential for my system to run properly. So I just have to find the specific fonts and reinstall them into my /system/library/fonts/ and /library/fonts/ folder. So I'm off to try that.

Excellent! Some searching in finder found the right .pkg file on the install disc. and the info in that article told me where to put everything on my system. Thanks a lot for the help, it is much appreciated.

Back