Formac Studio - NTSC and PAL

hypocampers

Registered
I have a PAl version of the Formac Studio, the company is pretty thin on answering emails - in fact I've not had one reply.

I have a VHS at home capable of playing NTSC and PAl video's, I assumed that I could play an NTSC video and use the SCART or video out connector to take the signal into the Formac Studio and then into iMovie. This does not work, however you get a brief picture then the signal is stopped.

Is this a deliberate fudge y Formac to make my buy an NTSC version, my guess is that hardwar is the same, its the software thats different. The circuit board is the same but because of the code loaded into the device it behaves either as an NTSC or PAl compatible box.

I suppose I can take the signal from the Antena into the Formac Studio but is that a degraded signal compared with that of the video out. Its not easy to tune the formac Studio into the frequency of the Video via the Tevion software for MacOSX, in fact I've not managed it yet.

Can code be downloaded in the Formac Studio to behave as an NTSC version, its a very long shot I know.

In 1979 I worked one a film "Dragonslayer" of which quite a lot was shot where I lived in North Wales. I am collecting takes on which I was present and working on, it was brilliant fun.

This is a bit vague I know, anybody got any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Back