Former Apple Members make very small laptop.

It certainly _looks_ very cool ... but I'd like to know weight, size and battery life (and price) before shouting "wow" ...

is pretty, but little mention of what you run on it. Windows? A dedicated system?

It's so... so... so qute! :D

Ora, watch the video. It runs Windows XP. It looks like a nice little computer and all, but I wonder how they'll mess it up, or if they will... they already designed it with a flaw: the screen on the outside is susceptible to dirt & damage.

Anyway, we'll see how it comes out, or if it catches on. If Apple started selling Powerbooks the size of this, they'd have quite a hit.

g/re/p said:
Its a POS
1)Runs windows XP
2)will cost $1000 or more
3)not worth it
4)see #4

Whoa, you've just gone into an infinite 'do nothing' loop there. Bad programming! :)

It's a PocketPC running XP.... I don't know if I want one, but that's part of the future of mobile computing, no doubt. Thumb oriented keyboard for our teenagers that have learned that with SMS messaging.

I ...REALLY... don't like it! Not even its looks! Do, some of you, honestly like it? :confused:

I, seriously, do not expect or want Apple to make a portable/pda/whatever similar to this one! Bliah! *spits on those OQO images* Bliah!

If Apple will offer a similar product it should better look like a 12" PowerBook or an iPod :p :D

It runs windows So i wouldn't buy it. i love the mac os and i would never part from an os that has been the cornerstone of my carreer and artistry.

Come on, it's not _that_ ugly. The frame around the screen really looks like a TiBook's. :) However... Battery life's very important. This is only useful if it _can_ be used as a media player. Input seems quite awkward with the fumb-board.

That's way cool! I don't really feel too strongly about it running Windows XP. But if it's cheap enough I may jump in and grab one. Fall 2004, eh? :)

What could be cooler? I have a feeling we'll have these installed into school desks in no time for students in advanced placement classes. :p Or something similar.

First of all, it doesn't strike me as either ugly or pretty. It's just normal. Though, hey, we all know if Apple were to do something like this, it would probably be just as sexy and elegant as the iPod.

Secondly... I'm not quite sure what to think of it. It IS kinda nice having a portable that's dockable... and to make something ultra-portable... It's pretty damn spiffy. I guess my only complaint would be that it is currently just not worth it. Too expensive considering it's so limited, and it's supposed to be your main computer. Right now, it will be an oddity with a small niche market. But I wouldn't be too surprised if something LIKE this becomes practical a little farther in the future. Maybe if we just carried around something with our home folder and a few essential apps... maybe a very glorified iPod.

phatcactus said:
If I were lookin' for a portable, this would be it, no doubt.

If I were looking for a portable, I'd look for something that would actually be usable. It would need a keyboard you can type on, a pointing device that works correctly, a battery that will last for at least 4 hours, and an OS that doesn't suck. :p

I've definitely never been a fan of the ol' joystick pointer method of GUI interfacing (that's redundant, isn't it... LOL). If they replaced it with a small trackball, it would work much better. Believe me, I know... I've got one on my mouse.

I still think having the screen on the outside is a bad idea. Sure, it makes it move less when you open it, but it also leaves the screen susceptible to damage, as much as a PDA. I've wrecked a couple PDA screens in my time, mostly because they were open to the environment.

800*420 is more than enough for such a small device. Don't forget that the product is _not_ as of yet available. So any musings about its price and battery life are futile, anyway...

Back