Forum: quick reply broken

ora

Registered
This started on my old powerbook, but I thought the issue was at my end, but it does the same on my new MBP (so its happens on g4, 10.4.7 and C2D 10.4.8). The MBP is entirely updated etc.

In Safari (it works fine in firefox), if I type text into the quick reply box and hit the submit button, I get the little circular progress icon spinning on the page, and the 'wristwatch' cursor, and it just sits their for ages without posting. I can only post the text by then hitting the "Go Advanced" button and submitting from there.

It has to do with AJAX. Typically, in my experience with the same error you are getting is that indeed my reply is posted, just not confirmed on the page. Is this what you are seeing or not posting?

Also, I see it now and then, not every single time.

I posted a thread about this a while ago, too. It definitely did not post it in my tests. I just tried it again now, and again nothing happened.

did this work?

[EDIT]: worked here, 10.4.8, all updates etc. Proves Scott's point I guess?

It works just fine for me most of the time. I actually guess it's network-related in the few cases where it doesn't work for me.

doesn't work for me, same problems as Ora. fireforx works fine. also, i'm now using firefox full-time, until safari is updated or otherwise, as this site was actually causing safari to quit.

Nope, I've hit the button and waited, then reloaded the page and it didn't post.

In terms of network issues, it doest work from my home or office networks in so maybe is the whole region if that's the case. Am on business in Hungary and doesn't work for me here either, so somehow seems unlikely.

I am using Safari, and it works 95% of the time for me. Latest version of everything. It would be easier to troubleshoot if I could get it to work constantly.

Hmmn, odd, i guess there is little you can do if you can't replicate the problem. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next OS update and hope that fixes it.

FWIW, the problem seems to have fixed itself for me. I haven't done anything to my machine lately, so I have no idea why. But Quick Reply has been working consistently for me since yesterday.

I'm going to avoid rearranging my furniture now, since it appears this bug is dependant on feng shui more than anything else. ;)

Back