found this by accident: minimize egg.

boi

official breaker of macs.
this could just be my computer, but...

hold down ctrl and click on the minimize button on your window. does it shrink down MUCH slower than usual? it does for me.
could have something to do with having windowshade installed, tho.

let me know what happens!

nuts!

i'd better start reading this forum every day, then. i apologize for any time wasted... continue on with your lives. :D

ctrl-shift minimizes all the windows open in whatever application you are using at the time.

Works on maximize as well, not sure how many knew that. The other day I was surprised to find out a guy I know, using macs longer than I have, didn't know half of the screenshot key commands (pre-OSX)...go figure.

i can expalin that one level9. many of us older mac users became mac users because of its gui. at the time dos required keyboard entry for everything and that was way too much trouble. i still avoid the keyboard when possible but i like learning these little tricks that it never really occured to me to try before.

also, you can sip coffee and use a mouse. it is very hard to do while using the keyboard.

just an insight into how and why some people "think differently"

to B4tn, tt's not a feature, so much as it's just for fun. Sometimes the question isn't "Why?", but rather "Why not?"

Most computer manufacturers manufacture computers. And then there are those that create them.

Originally posted by b4tn
And what excactly is the purpose of this feature???
Steve Jobs wanted a way to really show off the OSX GUI at MacWorld. He's used this trick for a year and a half on stage already.

Talk about old news.... sheesh! :p

Here's another "feature" (more like a bug) with minimizing and restoring. Check out what happened to the drawers on my window! :D

DrawerMadness.jpg

How'd I do it? Well, When restoring the window from the Dock, glab the titlebar of it as it's expanding and move it around really quickly on the screen. The drawers will become detatched!

Back