Framework prebindings

redbird

Registered
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have two framework: x and y. y links against x. x builds fine and y builds fine. The problem comes when I try to build my application that uses both x and y. It will be fine if prebinding is off, but then it is unacceptably slow. When prebinding is set to be enabled, the linker has errors and ends up not doing the prebinding. The problem seems to be that y contains x and so the prebinding gets mixed up because of the same code being in two places. I haven't found a solution yet, so maybe someone here can help.

Thanks.

Hi redbird,
you should edit framework's target: go under the tab "Build Settings" and under section "Link Settings". Under that there is "Other Linker Flags": you can write -seg1addr your-custom-base-address...

ex:
-seg1addr 0x10000000

Now your framework's code and data should have a different position inside your programs. So, prebinding should work and you won't get any linker warnings

hope it helps ;)

Originally posted by mkneith
Hi redbird,
you should edit framework's target: go under the tab "Build Settings" and under section "Link Settings". Under that there is "Other Linker Flags": you can write -seg1addr your-custom-base-address...

Thanks, that did it. Always learning new things about the linker. :)

Back