free caldav server

I want to set up a central calendar for the people in my building. There is an OSX server in my building but i dont manage it. I doubt it is X 10.5, more likely 10.4

Does Caldav on Leopard require a central server or can i send anyone a subscription to my calendars?

If anyone can subscribe, without a central server, can anyone add dates to my calendar or only read them?

If Caldav requires a central server, are there free subscription services on the Internet?

I have been playing around with iCal Server (open source edition) on my Mac. It seems to work well, but doesn't have any documentation (or very little) and your on your own to compile it and configure the XML config files. BUT, once you do that, your set and it comes with some "default" setups, so it is very easy to get going. It only requires it run on one computer, it could be any Mac... and could be compiled on Linux and I suppose Windows too.

http://trac.calendarserver.org/projects/calendarserver

If you need any help getting it running, just reply back here. I will offer what help I can.

Scott

Back