FREE DUAL POWERMAC G5 1.8ghz!!!!

jhawk28 said:
Or send the one you paid for back and get you comp for free.... (just kidding)

lol thats right. if you would keep the one in the box, and send back the open one saying it was defective or some lame excuse, ask for your money back, and you have a free dual 1.8.....

you did the right thing. i would have only kept it if i ordered a powerbook or something, i dont think i'd find TOO much use of two of the same orders....well maybe...but still you did the right thing.

You did the right and honorable thing by pointing out their mistake and returning the Mac. In these days when everyone selfishly scrambles for themselves at every opportunity, it really affirms a civil society when you think and act selflessly. You could have easily kept the computer. But it would have been wrong. For the trouble of having to ship it back to them and the time wasted in resolving this matter, I think it would be reasonable for Apple to make at least some small gesture. But in terms of "expecting" a reward, I'm not sure why people think they should be rewarded for simply doing what is right. Anyway, thanks for being a good example in a world calamitously free of honest people. This is the kind of thing that I'd expect from someone smart enough to be a Mac user.

I'm sure that all of you guys who say that you would have kept the extra G5 without feeling badly about it would be whining like little bitches a week later when Apple inventory discovered their error and added a second charge to your credit card. I mean, these things have serial numbers and tracking numbers. You don't think they'd catch the error? And try to take that puppy to any authorized Apple repair center. The first thing they're gonna do is scan (or enter) the serial number. Yeah, you guys are cool.

I seriously doubt they ever would have found their error at apple.

::evil:: You could have had a personal g5 cluster! ::evil::

Attachments

• g5.bmp
    60.8 KB · Views: 8
I think you did the right thing in returning it. I had something like that happen to me when ordering from MacZone. It was for a company I was working for. The entire order was duplicated. We received an extra zip drive, jazz drive, 8 gig hard drive, and copies of several software applications we had ordered.

I was tempted to keep the duplicated items for myself, but I ended up returning them. I just couldn't live with the guilt.

The MacZone customer service was quite rude about it as well. I remember telling her that I would be more then happy to keep the items if she continued to mistreat me over the phone. ;)

Back