Free e-mail services...

Samuel

Registered
I'd like to know wich are the best free email services right now. Of course, thinking about migrating my @mac.com

Any ideas?

Thank's

I had to find one, no reason for you t go through the same problems...

I'm using softhome.net, they deliver free webmail/pop3 mail

Hiya.

I run a website [www.allyaya.com] which will be launching its website on friday.

We will be launching a new free email service, which has;

- POP3 Mail
- IMAP Mail
- SMTP Mail
- 3Mb Space [free upgrade if requested]
- WebMail - Squirrelmail [if you prefer another, we will set it up]

If you are interested, please send an email to info@allyaya.com, and you will have your account set up ASAP.

Kind Regards,
Asif Alibhai
AllYaYa Admin

allyaya, that sounds like heaven, I'm just questioning how long you'll be in bussniess...many sites offer web-mail for free and take cash for POP-mail to finance themselves with ads...how are you gonna get funds?

Just a question

These are great news!! But how do you think it's gonna go in the future?
How are you financing it?
thank's for your help!

Hello.

You may think that we are some huge company with ads all over the place - but we aren't. Our hosting has been paid for, for the next 3 Years. We aren't just going to go out of business.

Your emails will have no tag lines, and the webmail will not have banners either.

WE WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER CHARGE YOU FOR EMAIL

If you have ANY Problems, we will sort them out for you.

Kind Regards,
Asif Alibhai

Hello.

May I point out that 'HotPOP' Do not offer IMAP Access.

You also have to pay to have banners removed.

Later on today, I will post all the features that our mail system is being installed with [as we post].

Although you may prefer to go with bigger ompanies, they arent going to reply in an hour when you ask to have a new webmail client installed.

Kind Regards,
Asif Alibhai
AllYaYa Admin

I find it funny. The value people place on things.

Email to me is very important. I hate changing email accounts. In fact, in the last 7 years, I have had (2) different primary mail accounts. Although I have (err had) a @mac.com address, I never used as a primary address.

But, I guess I have a different perspective on things.

Admin

Hello Again.

It is your own preference to what webmail client you use.

I am just trying to help other people by providing a good reliable email service.

Kind Regards,
Asif Alibhai

P.S. What PHP Email client do you prefer?

SquirrelMail / IMP / Any others?

Thanks, AllYaYa, I'll check that one out now. It sounds fantastic. And if its new, I might be able to actually get my name, rather than "john_citizen2131". :)

I think I'll actually just shell out the $10 for an @macosx.com address, as well.

Hiya.

Forgive me for sounding silly, but do you want an allyaya account, or a macosx.com one?

If at any point you dont want the allyaya account, we will cancel it for you.

Kind Regards,
Asif Alibhai

P.S. What i might suggest is that;

You sign up for the allyaya account, and if you are unhappy, you can sign up at macosx.com, and we will point your allyaya address to the new one.

Originally posted by voice-
allyaya, that sounds like heaven, I'm just questioning how long you'll be in bussniess...many sites offer web-mail for free and take cash for POP-mail to finance themselves with ads...how are you gonna get funds?

Just a question

I've just started a similar service, however, our business model is to charge a fair price for a quality service. No advertisements, no junk mail and a privacy policy that prevents us from selling your profile to anyone, ever. The site is fully functional now, although it will be revised shortly as we implement our site design to be prettier.

http://www.acornmail.com

so what if hotpop doesn't have imap? what does imap actually do? all i want to do is use microsoft entourage to get my mail. i don't need imap for that.

Just signed up for FastMail - free IMAP and web-based mail. It can also check other POP emails or even Hotmail (though because my hotmail address = .NET passort I'm not sure if I want to give out my password to anyone)

Seems pretty good so far.

Hello.

I havent already mentioned it, but we do also have that feature.

We will be taking the signup page down for about a day, while we add new features [a bit like yahoo groups]

These will be Mailing Lists, Image galleries, etc..

Kind Regards,
Asif Alibhai

Back