Free Games

I guess I thought this thread would get longer than it is... I'm replying to make this thread pop back to the top of the "New Posts".

BTW, I'm not sure if "donate-ware" counts, but my favorite is called Jewel Toy

;)

(Doesn't look like PNG images show up inline...)

FreeCiv obviously!
And any Demo's! Between all the freebie demo's I hardly need to buy games anyway... I've been playing the UT2004 demo, the Call of Duty demo, the Space Colony demo so much lately that I hardly have any time left for the full versions I own ... :)

And, well, uhm, didn't we have a thread just like this one some time ago?

Some of the KDE/Gnome games available through Fink are quite good. My favourite of these is "SpaceDuel".

Primate Plunge is supposed to be a good freebie game too ...

Primate Plunge is excellent, but too easy. Very time consuming and hella-addictive, though, I warn you. Don't have a link, but I got it from MacUpdate I think.

I also enjoy playing Encompass, Aquatomic, Snood, and OF COURSE, Glider Pro, which is now officially abandonware, and can be downloaded from the author's website :) - takes me back to System 7, that game does.

fernando.alonso said:
does anybody knows a game from the '80 called "tempest"..?
woder if that would be somewhere still... I think it was from Atari

Yes! It's a great game....very action-packed as you went up in levels. I'm sure you can find it in some store as part of a classic game pack. You might also want to try and find some clones of Tempest that might be free to download, as I doubt that the original would be made freely available.

America's Army. It's quite a cool counterstrike like game for OS X. Loads of servers and quite a lot of people on them too!

I don't mean to break any rules, because I don't know the legality of the thing, but "Shufflepuck Café" runs perfectly happily under Classic, and is quite readily available on the net. I figure that since Brøderbund closed, it's not particularly fussed about things.

Still; childhood memories abound!

Back