Free iTunes music from Pepsi?

twister

Howdy
Macnn reports

The LA Times reports that Apple today is expected to announce a promotion deal that would give Pepsi buyers free songs from Apple's online music service: "Sources said the unveiling of the pact with PepsiCo Inc. was timed to coincide with today's release of a Windows-compatible version of Apple's iTunes Music Store...consumers who purchase Pepsi beverages would find codes in the packaging that they could redeem online for free downloads from iTunes. Pepsi will pay Apple for each of the songs downloaded during the promotion, the sources said. They said Pepsi and Apple have discussed offering about 100 million free songs." (Registration required to view article.)

I love Apple Music and Pepsi :)

All the damn Pepsi i drink, i better get a lil something. But there has to be a catch. Will we here" This song brought to you by pepsi," or will they be corny songs that the majority doesn't care much for. Although a few big names do make Pepsi commercials.

lol, or Beyoncé, although i do like the current single "Baby Boy".

How do you get music on the iTunes Store anyway? Does anyone know?

what do you mean, "how do you get music on the itunes store?"

as in, you want to put your own music on it or you want to buy music. to buy music you get the semi-latest version of itunes and its built in. to put your own music up, you'd better get good.

I think what they are talking about is just pepsi giving away free, $1 song credits. You take the code from under the cap, pick a song and it's yours! This could be a huge thing for the music store - because so many people drink pepsi. It could bring so many people just to download iTunes for windows, and then that would lead to at least some of them using iTMS.
But I don't like pepsi - why not coke? Both maybe?

Pepsi Co. makes a lot more than pepsi the drink, they make Mountain Dew and a bunch of other sodas, plus some bottled water. They used to own frito lay (tostitos, doritos, etc) as well as kfc, taco bell, and pizza hut. Pepsi is huge.

PS. I would rather have free itunes with every can of Dr Pepper......

Originally posted by dave17lax
Pepsi Co. makes a lot more than pepsi the drink, they make Mountain Dew and a bunch of other sodas, plus some bottled water. They used to own frito lay (tostitos, doritos, etc) as well as kfc, taco bell, and pizza hut. Pepsi is huge.

PS. I would rather have free itunes with every can of Dr Pepper......

FYI - Pepsi no longer owns KFC, Taco Bell or Pizza Hut - they sold them off a few years ago. I thought this too until I was talking to my Pepsi rep and and asked him about it.

Cherry Coke or Wild Cherry Pepsi, Sprite Remixed, and Squirt, I'm set.

Yea i meant getting a song on the iTunes store, I'm no musician, I'm the one trying to be behind the scenes and i need to know how to get my artist out there.

Huh. I must admit, that's good marketing right there. I might buy soda a little more often now... though, I'm not much of a soda person, anyway.

I prefer Pepsi to Coke. But that's just me.

coke over pepsi.

although i don't mind mountain dew.. so here's hoping it's ALL the pepsi-co drinks, and just not pepsi. =)

Lord knows that if Pepsi Co. can afford to give out a billion dollars (yes, ladies and germs, that's a gigadollar) in a sweepstakes game, they can certainly afford to pay for a few million song downloads from the music store.

Anybody want my old packaging?

Not a billion dollars Arden, it was a million dollars. Someone *could* win a billion, but it wasn't guaranteed.

Anyway, I'm really excited about this considering my addiction to Pepsi (I'd drink coke but we don't have caffeine-free coke). I just hope they don't have "You won this song!". Please let us choose the song, pepsi :).

*Cough*

EDIT: Nevermind, he didn't actually win, the stupid chimp had it in for him or something. But still, Pepsi was right there, ready to hand him a check for a billion bones! They are quite rich.

I personally prefer the taste of straight Coke over straight Pepsi, but I do enjoy the vanilla & cherry variants of both. And Dr. Pepper. :)

What concerns me is who will benefit most from this deal...?

Call me an old cynic (and people do), but what do Pepsico and Apple have in common?

Or is it just another very clever marketing/product placement idea on the part of Pepsi, such as we've seen in quite a few movies and TV series in the last few years....

Back