Free Powermac G3 8600 400mhz Tower

powermac

iMac Dual 2.0 17'
I have a Powermac G3, tower, with 17inch Apple monitor, and color style printer. This machine works, and has 9.1 on it. 258 megs of memory AV ports, network, keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Office, Appleworks and several Adobe and Macromedia applications and internal Zip(100). It has served me well, and decided to part with it. Not for sale, but to donate to someone who needs a system. I am looking for a High School or College students who need a system. I would prefer someone in the Syracuse NY area who can come to pick it up. Let me know if interested

powermac said:
I have a Powermac G3, tower, with 17inch Apple monitor, and color style printer. This machine works, and has 9.1 on it. 258 megs of memory AV ports, network, keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Office, Appleworks and several Adobe and Macromedia applications and internal Zip(100). It has served me well, and decided to part with it. Not for sale, but to donate to someone who needs a system. I am looking for a High School or College students who need a system. I would prefer someone in the Syracuse NY area who can come to pick it up. Let me know if interested

I am a scholteacher in a district that is always in need of technology. If you would like to donate it to us, you could write it off on your taxes. I would love to have this in my classroom.
Thanks
Phil St.Onge
Mt. Blue High School
Farmington, Maine 04938
(207) 649-7028

I will definatly take this machine off your hands, as it is not the fastest mac out there, it would do fine for my wife's new teaching job in Dallas, Tx. We were looking to get her a laptop, but do not have the funds at this moment. I would be willing to pay for shipping, and extra for your troubles. I would apreciate an email, if possible. jamesrobertdorn@yahoo.com

Thanks for the offer. :p

powermac said:

Like latrapeze, I work at a school and would gladly pay for shipping. My computer Lab is made of mostly donated computers. My only problem is that very few of them are capable of internet browsing. :(

Let me know who you decide to win the 'prize' :)

The system has built-in ethernet. Moreover, I just installed a fresh 9.1. However that is the max the system will take, not even 9.2. Shipping would be costly, this unit is heavy. I try to estimate the shipping cost and post it.

If the system is still up for grabs I would like a chance at it. I just started college last semester and I am using a pentuim 120 mhz pc with windows 95 I use a emac at school though in the computer lab so your system would be great for me.

do we need a random number generator here?

Everyone think of a number 1-10 =)

Just kidding... Very cool to see donated hardware... I've been thinking of starting a Mac Recycling service...*rambles*

Tell how much the shipping would be.. I could consider getting that as a gift to the kids of one friend - he and his wife have 4 (soon 5) children (2 to 11 y) and they have only one computer for their use at the moment. They are in Chicago. I'm pretty sure they'd be very happy about it. :)

hey im a college student who was born in Syracuse, but i live in Buffalo now, id take the system of your hands but i am not really in dire need of a computer right now, so if someone else needed it more then they should really get it

I am a High School student (junior) in Portsmouth High School, not too far from NY but a good distance. I am trying to go into graphics and web design but do not have a mac anymore (iMac is dead). Would appreciate computer, let me know. Thank you.

Back