Free upgrade to 10.5

Ah. I somehow automatically skipped that post. But yeah, hey! I bought my MacBook less than 2 years ago! Where's my free Leopard upgrade? :p (ADC, no worries.)

so - why doesn't macosx.com make a pre-order-program arrangement with Amazon. Daring Fireball gets a ten-spot out of each copy pre-ordered at Amazon through his link.
I am not sure about that - but another mac site i belong to has an amazon.com link that i bookmarked - so everytime i buy something on amazon - and i do so frequently - the site gets some kind monetary reward.

So is it the upgrade or is it the actual full version for all computers?
To my knowledge, there is only one version (i.e. physical package) of OS X that ships, and you have the option of using that installer to upgrade an existing installation, amongst other methods.

AFAIK there _are_ two versions. The full retail version installs on any Mac meeting the requirements. The upgrade disk requires the Mac to already have 10.4.x installed, which means that when you have to replace the harddrive because of a disk failure, for example, you first have to install 10.4.x again. You can, however, still perform a clean install, so that 10.4 installation can be very minimal and doesn't have to be set up.

AAArgh......What about those of us who bought a new Macnbook this past Spring/early Summer before there wa any mention of Leopard, any breaks on upgrading.....?

Back