Freecom Fx-50 External Drive Is Not Found

mp_05

Registered
I'm trying to use the freecom FX-50 dvd burner using Mac OS X 10.3.9. I've installed the software which came with the burner (roxio toast lite 5.2.2) however toast does not see the external drive when it is connected via usb. If I launch system profile and look under usb, the drive appears there but I can't seem to access it or indeed find it anywhere. Is this a know problem?

ps this seems somewhat similar to the post http://www.macosx.com/content/faq.php/q1101/Freecom-Fx-5-Not-Recognised-In-Mac-Osx.html

Thanks

Michele

If you put a CD in it (i.e. the OS X install disc) will it mount on your desktop? If the OS sees the drive it should. You can also try connecting it via firewire. I have a LaCie DVD burner running Roxio Toast Lite via firewire, and have had no connection issues.

Hi, it turns out the blank dvd I was using to test the drive was 'corrupt' and couldn't be read. Drive seems to be working and the cd's are mounting correctly now. Thanks.

Actually let me correct that.. it reads cds and dvds however when I insert a blank dvd it asks me name it but then gives the error message :

"The disc can not be used because the disc drive is not supported (Error code 0x80020025)"

and then ejects the disk.

Back