Freezing during Idvd Rendering

aspleyhigh

Registered
Hi,
Hope you can help me I'm really frustrated.I have a 800 Mhz Imac with 512 Mb ram, and a 40GB hardrive. I am running OS Tiger 10.4, with the full ILife package, and built in superdrive. I have 20 GB free space.

So I send my editted my movie to Idvd to burn to a disc. Intially all goes well, but about an hour into the rendering process the pinwheel slows down alot, then the screen freezes up. A error message in three languages comes saying the computer must be restarted.

I have re-installed Idvd to no avail, do you have any suggestions, please help me, I also have another 512 memory on order.
Thank You, Ben

Apples iMovie & iDVD are quite some way from being reliable software. If you check the Apple website I'm sure there are forums for users of these apps. There you'll see the endless list of problems & issues users have..iDVD has a habit of chucking it during audio rendering in my experience. Sorry I can't offer any real help..you may find what you're looking for in the Apple forums..Good luck..!!

Hi,
Thanks for your input, I don't know alot about Mac. Can I build my project in Idvd and then burn it to disc using some other program, what would you suggest ?.

Back