French Government Bans Term 'E-Mail'

Well, it's no more stupid than calling one of my favourite foods "Freedom fries." THAT was really stupid.

Agreed. Eat your Frredom Fries and Freedom Toast and let them call their e-mail anything they would like..."courriel" is a rather cool word anyways...

Agreed on the freedom fries thing. That was a bit dumb and childish if I do say so myself. I mean frankfurters is a much better name than hotdog. Hotdog is so lame just like freedom fries.

I didn't read the article because I'm busy downloading an OS update, but still: the idea sounds retarded. And from what everybody else has posted I really think our world is just getting more and more messed up with each passing day.

Heh. And how do they call their spam then? Spam courriel? i think spam as food is probably not known in france (lucky you!) so is there anything 'spam like' food in france? something that is cheap, bad, canned, and everywhere so kids get sick of it by the time they are 5 ... (well, i never have eaten spam!) .. what would be the alternative? the only i can think of is canned ratatouille ...

:p

I am French but live in the US for quite a while now. But I could say that the French gouvernment attitude is so lame I am almost embarrassed by this. If it was for the French gouvernement communications would still be done by telegrams so how come they have a said in this and now what's next, renaming Internet as well? Give me a break

Well some French words we have in the English language are quite useful, like rendezvous for instance.

Yeah, and stuff like...

"Shoot, dawg, Adam is dans la maison!"

and "Je suis la jeune fille!"

and "potato au gratin"

Back