from yahoo to .Mac

Elliotjnewman

Registered
Is there a way of setting up emails to be redirected to Mail? I am thinking of going to .Mac, but I would only do it if I can recieve the emails from my other emails including my yahoo.com account and my Mozilla account at work.

I am not sure if I got you right. Of course you can receive (why redirect?) all accounts on your mail.app. But something is telling me this was not what you wanted to know. Maybe you explain a bit more..

well, all I want to do is recieve emails that I get on Yahoo and emails I get on Mozilla, just so that I dont have to check all three emails, can I use Mail to view emails sent to my yahoo.com and mozilla accounts?

You can set up mail forwarding in Yahoo, if you use the web-based email. If, instead, you use POP or IMAP for Yahoo, then yes, you can use it with Mail.

Also, I don't understand "Mozilla email." What is that? Is there some email service that Mozilla provides, or are you referring to Mozilla's email client?

Mail doesn't support certain email providers -- it supports different ways of connecting to email servers. It supports a number of different connections, including POP3, IMAP, .Mac and Exchange. If your email service is based upon one of those protocols, then you can get the email with Apple's Mail.

ah. ok so I do it from within Yahoo then, cool. Yeah there is mozilla mail I use on Linux, I think its set up with pop3 so I'll check... Thanks for the info!

Back