Front Row Index Screwed Up but iTunes is Fine

vihung

Guru
I have an iMac G5 running MacOS X Leopard (10.5.8) running Front Row 2.1.7 (309) and iTunes 9.0.2.

I have a large number of TV Shows and Movies (all MP4/H.264) recorded from TV (with my trusty EyeTV).

I have used this set up for about 4 years and have not had any trouble. I record and edit the movie/TV show in EyeTV and export it to iTunes on one computer (a Mac Mini) and then copy them to my iMac and add to iTunes there. I manage the metadata in iTunes (in either of the two machines) and watch the media through Front Row on the iMac G5.

Of late (as of a week ago) the indexes in Front Row seem to be screwed up. Some TV Episodes show up as movies - only in Front Row, not in iTunes - and many of the TV Shows show up under the Artist name, not the Show Name - again, only in Front Row, not in iTunes.

Would anyone have any idea what is happening? Does Front Row keep an index separate to iTunes? Any idea how to tell it to refresh its indexes? I have tried restarting the computer a number of times. I have also made sure I have quit iTunes before launching Front Row ... but to no avail.

I have tried to search online for some hints to get Front Row to reini

Not very helpful but I'm experiencing the exact same problem and desperatly looking for a solution.
I use Snow Leopard, Itunes 9.0.2, Front row 2.2.1. I also export recordings from eyeTV. Some TV Shows end up both in Movies and TV Shows with wrong indexing. I often import TV Shows "manually" and change type in Itunes from Movie (original) to TV Show.
It has been some time since you posted. Any solutions?

Back