Front Row Problem

sUICIDE_mONKEY

Registered
Heya
Got one of the new macbook pros, 2.33ghz/160gbHD/2gb Ram, it was quite a jump up from my previous system a powerbook g4 550Mhz/60gbHD/768MB Ram
Been playin with it all week and lovin every minute of it, but came across one thing though, in front row under "Videos/Movies/" it lists three videos which I dont have on my the mac anymore. After i had initially set up the computer, i went through a load of stuff I didnt need on the new one, for eample old video podcasts, and trashed them.
Thats when i noticed three of them still exist in front row, so i used spotlight to make sure there was no trace of them on the machine, and i went through itunes too... but they are still in my front row....
Any ideas??

Nope, the wee swirly icon just does a 3/4 revolution and nothin happens, theres no preview either, its the same as when you come across a song thats either been deleted or moved but iTunes still references it, giving you the wee exclamation mark.
The weird thing is, when i move files or folders into/out of the movies folder, they update ie appear and disappear accordingly in that section of front row, just these three other ones stick there!

Nobody has any ideas no? is there any way that i can delete front rows prefs, so that it has to rescan and set itself up again?

I had the same problem and was looking for a solution just now when I came across your thread. I spent the last half an hour looking for the solution and I found it. In iTunes, when you play an mp3 it show up in your iTunes library. If you delete the mp3, it's not removed from iTunes until you remove it from your playlist. Aparently Front Row reads files directly from iTunes because I found my deleted video files listed in on my "Movies" playlist. I removed them, and they are no more!

Steve

Back