FS: Apple iBook 800/640RAM/Combo/Airport card ect.

daSilVetZ

Registered
his baby rocks, reason Im selling it is because my college hands out pc laptops for use on the WiFi network..

1 month old (will provide receipts) *PERFECT* condition Apple iBook 800/12"/Combo Drive (DVD/CDRW)/32mb Radeon GFX running Mac OS X 10.2.3 .

Specs:

-G3 800Mhz
-640MB RAM
-Airport Card installed (Apple's WiFi 802.11b Card)
-30GB HD
-DVD/CD-RW Combo.

This is the latest version of iBooks' (released in Nov) and the RAM has been maxed out to 640MB. Also there is a Apple Airport Card installed. Have all the Boxes, Cables, Manuals, CD's, some stuff is still sealed. Under warranty for another 11 months. For more tech specs, it has 2 USB ports, 1 Firewire, Video Out, Thernet, and 56k Jacks. This thing CRUISES through os X with the maxed out ram. Not a Scratch, and battery holds the announced 4-5h. Selling for 1500$ FIRM + shipping/insurance, but prefer local pickup (or can goto Manhattan for delivery).

PS: No trades whatsoever, certified cash only (ie: Money Order, Cashier's check) or paypal, but if u pay thru CC, add 3%.

Please PM me or rather mail me me. Please no Thread crapping. If you have any questions, lmk. :)

Thanks

Pic is available here

For those who don't want to do the math... that iBook, with the extra ram and the airport card, would cost around $1650 new, including taxes. Am I mistaken? At $1400, we're talking about a 250 bucks difference. But then again, aren't the new 12" powerbooks the laptop to own? Mmm...

Personally, I'd rather get stuff when new, than save 10-20 percent getting it used.

Originally posted by Dusky
For those who don't want to do the math... that iBook, with the extra ram and the airport card, would cost around $1650 new, including taxes. Am I mistaken? At $1400, we're talking about a 250 bucks difference. But then again, aren't the new 12" powerbooks the laptop to own? Mmm...

Personally, I'd rather get stuff when new, than save 10-20 percent getting it used.

Hmm, well actually configures the same way on apple.com , after taxes, its slightly over 1700$. The total savings are about 25% over a brand new one, and this one is basically brand new. 1 month old only, and it is *mint*. In my opinion 25% savings is a great deal, and I hate to take such a huge hit in so little time. About the 12" PB, its all personal choice, but we're talking over 700$ difference with taxes and ram and AE... For something we're not quite sure performs as Apple would like us to believe. ANyhow its still up for grabs, whoever is looking for a like new iBook 800, and wants to save 25%, let me know. Btw, thanks for the bump anyways :)

bad thing is not allot of people like "used" My self included, anything over a grand I want new! and will pay the difference for that newness :) just the way I look at it tho

Back