FS: Dual 500, 17in Apple Display w/ Extras

bludlust57

Registered
I bought this Macintosh computer about a year ago and unfortunately I must sell it. Here are the specs and accessories:

Dual G4 500
40Gb HD
256Mb RAM
DVD-RAM Drive
ATI Rage PRO 16 meg video card
Apple Pro keyboard and mouse
Builtin Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
56k Modem
MacOS X installed (with original 9 included)

Display:

17" Apple Studio CRT Display (Pic included)

Accessories:

12x QueFire Firewire CDRW
TriMedia Reader (Floppy,SmartCard, and CompactFlash)

This system has hardly been used (which is the reason I am selling it) and has not given me any problem at all. I absolutely love it.

I am looking to get around $3500 for the entire deal, but I am willing to accept reasonable offers, as I am not exactly sure what it is worth. All I know is this is less than what I currently have left to pay on it. I bought this computer from MacMall and I got the 3 year AppleCare Warranty. I still have the original boxes that came with it, and I am willing to ship it anywhere. If you have any questions you can send me an email at: gslade@isoa.net or I will respond to your post on this site.

Thanks,

Greg

Picture of the display (around 600k) :

http://www.isoa.net/aplmonitor.bmp

For good estimates on what the system is worth... check on eBay.

Your CD burner is worth about $100 now (maybe less) and the little reader isn't worth too much at all... maybe about 10 bucks.

The tower is probably going for about $1500 and the display about $250 (maybe a little more).

I'd look into trying to sell the system locally (where you'll have a bit more of an advantage) for about $2500 for the whole package. Try advertising at colleges or universities. If you sell it online, expect less money than if you sell locally.

For reference... my girlfriend got a 450 (single processor) model of that machine (same specs, sans monitor and extras) for about $800.

Mac's seem to reach a nice plateau of worth after the initial big drop in price... they linger for a bit... then drop significantly, and then flatten out for quite awhile. You can find five year old machines going for $500 at times, if they're decked out. This is unheard of in PC communities.

Thanks much for your help. I think I will put a better video card in it, use it a little longer and sell it down the road.

Thanks again!

Greg

Back