FS: PowerBook G4 whole or for parts, you decide

JohnnyV

Registered
Okay, heres the deal. My Powerbook G4 (first generation) 400 mhz, 512 megs ram (2x256), with a 30 gig hard drive, and airport, is in excellent condition except for one thing. The video cable that goes from the motherboard to the monitor is bad. The screen is in excellent working order, as is the rest of the mac, but you cannot get a good picture on the screen because all the insulation has worn off the monitor cable. If you could find this cable somewhere and replace (it'd be tricky) it would be a great machine. So my offer is: Buy this mac whole or tell me what parts you want and make an offer.

http://pbfixit.com/cart/customer/product.php?productid=196&cat=21&page=4
That is the part that is bad.

I'd like to get 300 for the whole thing, if you just want a part, post it and an offer.

Thanks,
John

EDIT: Works fine with an external display.

WOW! I really wish i had 300 bucks! I really want a second mac to play around with! have u recieved any offers? because if u could wait a couple weeks, i might be able to after some ebay auctions go through.

contact me at rsilvernail@gmail.com :D

I sent you an email, let me know.

Thanks,
John

If anyone wants pictures of the 'book and/or screen I'll be able to take some tomorrow night.

My break is over on the 27th of March. Feel free to look up my username on ebay and check out my feedback, its 100% positive. Username is turbotrail

I am trying to sell a copy of Windows 2K and my desktop PC, if those go over well, i will buy your laptop. I am not really worried about a monitor, b/c I have 17" i can connect to w/ the external port.

Hi John...I'm interested...(if its still available)...please contact me :) I'll try to IM you or email you as well. Thanks!

Back