FTP Access Denied question

deraven

Registered
OK, the short of it is:

-I'm using the built-in FTP server in Mac OS X 10.2 Server

-I log in via FTP just fine, but can't view a particular directory (well, several, but 1 that I'm concerned with) - it just gives me "550 Permission Denied."

-Permissions are correct and I can access the directory when SSHed in or from the local machine or over AppleTalk

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

What directory, server, etc. are you trying to access? Are you sure you're allowed in, if it's remote? If it's local, what is in the directory?

It's my server, I know I have access. As I mentioned above, I can use the same account and get to it locally (logged in, sitting in from of the computer) or remotely via AppleTalk or SSH. Only with FTP do I get the access denied error.

I also tried a few different FTP clients - command line, Fetch, and Transmit all give me the same result.

The machine is an Xserve running Mac OS X Server 10.2 and the built-in FTP server.

As far as I can tell, permissions for the diretories I can't access and the ones I can are the same, same ownership, etc., so I'm pretty stumped.

Here's what I'm seeing:

drwxrwxr-x 3 root admin 102 Apr 10 22:19 Shared Items
drwxrwxr-t 5 root wheel 170 Jun 14 20:43 Users
drwxrwxr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jun 14 14:30 sites

I can get into Shared Items and Users just fine, but sites doesn't work from FTP.

They're all at the root level, so parent directory permissions are the same for all of them, etc..

Again, any ideas? :)

Back