Ftp Connection From Mac Osx to Windows Server 2003

buzcajun

Registered
I have tried several FTP programs, Fetch 4.0.0 and Transmit 3.2.1. I even tried the Terminal mode. I keep getting Server busy errors, connection failed, and in the terminal I got this error: 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.

The contact swears the server is up and running and he is able to transfer from his PC.

I tried passive mode and non passive mode. Is there anyone who has experienced any similar problems?

Thanks
Garrett

I have tried several FTP programs, Fetch 4.0.0 and Transmit 3.2.1. I even tried the Terminal mode. I keep getting Server busy errors, connection failed, and in the terminal I got this error: 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.

The contact swears the server is up and running and he is able to transfer from his PC.

I tried passive mode and non passive mode. Is there anyone who has experienced any similar problems?

Thanks
Garrett

have you tried sftp instead of ftp?

are you sure the port is 21 to the Win2003 server?

Do you have a login name/ Password?

I do this often on my network and ot does work.. so the issue must reside in the setup.

Do you have a firewall turned on?
Does the win2003 server have a firewall turned on?

Turn off Appletalk

SFTP is a cool thing, but the server needs to be setup for it. It isn't 'on' by default.

Back