FTP problem

Stresspuppy

Registered
I'm switching over from a Wintel machine to my new 24" iMac. Loving it but having an issue with FTP. I have downloaded Captain FTP and Yummy FTP to try them out. When I put in the exact same information that I have on my Windows PC (using WS_FTP), they both say "Connecting..." but never actually connect. On the PC, it is almost instant. On the same network, using the same firewall, etc. Is there something about FTPing or security on the Mac I am overlooking?

TIA

Quick update: I did a tracert on both machines. On the PC, it took 15 hops to get there but it got there. On the Mac, it takes the same hops, but when it gets to the next to the last hop, it just starts giving me "* * *" as it tries to go the the next hop (which is the final one, the IP I am trying to get to).

Why would it work on a PC and not a Mac? FTP is FTP is FTP, right? Can't be a protocol issue. Can't the app as I have now tried three different FTP clients.

This is driving me batty....

Thanks. I tried those things and nothing changed.

Then my wife walked in the room and said "that's not the right IP address honey". I checked, it was off by one number, changed and it worked. DOH!!!

Thanks for the input, and sorry for my stupidity. :)

Back