FTP transfer from home hangs after 64k

ora

Registered
Hi all,

I have a few websites i access via FTP using cyberduck or a java based online ftp client provided by my hosting people.

From work, uploads are fine (also via inbuilt ftp from web editors) but from home it fails after 64k, or hangs until it times out. I guess its something to do with my firewall/router setup. Anyone know what would cause this?

erm, as the quick reply and edit buttons don't work for me anymore I can't edit the typo in the title, sorry!

Hi all,

I have a few websites i access via FTP using cyberduck or a java based online ftp client provided by my hosting people.

From work, uploads are fine (also via inbuilt ftp from web editors) but from home it fails after 64k, or hangs until it times out. I guess its something to do with my firewall/router setup. Anyone know what would cause this?

I have had a similar problem (with uploading) and one of the things i did to solve it was to check the integrity of the drive the data came from (it it had many many many issues). After having them fixed, my uploading problem is for 99% gone. You just might give it a try.

Good luck, Kees

Sadly i don't think that's it. When i take the same machine to work it uploads fine, even with the exact same file.

Back