Full Screen Apllication Switching In Games(alt-tab?)

zoonie824

Registered
Hi guys im brand new to mac os x after switching from windows xp. I am loving my mac but i have run into one problem. I like to play video games but i also like to be able to switch out of my games and still chat and surf online. I have not found a way yet to minimize my game and do other things on my mac. I have tried cmd tab and it just wont work. I am sure this can be done, can one of you help me out?

sincerely
zoonie824
proud ibook owner

Hi Zoonie,

I'm pretty sure I answered a similar question from you through the tech support system, and explained that in my experience, not all games on Mac allow this (and when they do the key combo is apple-rab not alt-tab).

For others, I think Zoonie was trying to play Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft, but as I didn't have them i wasn't able to test them, maybe you can.

Good luck

ora

You should play games on your XP machine. Macs weren't meant for games, and can't minimize to the desktop of do other standard functionalities sometimes :(

SuperTyphoon said:
You should play games on your XP machine. Macs weren't meant for games, and can't minimize to the desktop of do other standard functionalities sometimes :(

Says who?? Check out http://macledge.com and various other Mac gaming sites and you'll see otherwise.

I don't know but lately it seems to me like you're just trolling in the forums. Why not just stick to your PC and be done with it if the Mac has so many problems for you? Saying that the Mac has so many problems solves nothing, and I don't have enough time to waste explaining the issues with your preferred platform as I'm sure no one else does either.

For the record, not all Windows games like being Alt-Tabbed and begin to bug-out, which eventually leads to you having to kill the running app, meaning that you wouldn't be able to save where you last were. I'm speaking from experience.

It all depends on the application....it has nothing to do with the OS itself.

Back