wdw_

Rockee
"Full Speed Ahead: Lust Factor Ten"
That's what Apple says on thier site.
I just cannot wait!:mad:
Tell me Apple!

:p

Hmmm....

Full Speed Ahead... means faster Macs...

Lust Factor 10... hmmm... release of 10.2?

Admin

"Full Speed Ahead" probably refers to the thing's speed. "Lust Factor Ten" obviously refers to the form, which is going to be spectacular, no doubt. More and more it looks like the device is going to be the new iMac, but it must be one damn amazing iMac. I'm thinking it might be a G4 iMac, at least in the high-end ones.

Speaking of imacs. I have to do it with my Performa. I ordened 1 and all I got is... I can't explain... ipen ipod iwalk icook ican
...but yes an imacbook for xmac.

I aggree. "full speed ahead refers to speed" and "Lust Factor Ten" refers to style. I dont think that each of the slogans they have posted don't have to refer to the same thing. They could refer to different products.

I can't wait! What will tomorrows slogan be.

googolplex

P.S. Where do you get your inspiration herve?

I have never believed in the Steve Jobs distortion field, but if they have been doing all of this hype just for a new form, faster iMac I don't know. Myself, I would care, I can't afford anything right now, unless it was a $35 iMac, but it just seems that they would also need G5's in a cool new design too. I don't think Apple would be willing to hurt its tower G4 sales just to put a G4 in an iMac. Just my opinion.

Sam

A 10-sided (decahedron) G4 enclosure would be a bit extreme, wouldn't it? :D

The only shape with 10 sides I can think of that would work, would be an extruded hexagon (ie, it looks like a hexagon either side-on, of from the front/rear).

Wasn't there a rumour a while back about a 12-sided enclosure? Maybe they miscounted? ;)

AFAIk, PCs definitely haven't gone there...

Jim

or maybe the guy in charge of the site just really likes star trek. and here we sit, picking what they say apart, word by word.

i'm lovin' it! :D

I used to make-up PC boxes with retro lights and switches that looked like something out of Flash Gordon. Wobbly dials out of cassette decks, switchgear out of old cars, lights that blink, that sort of thing. Dead useless, but good fun.
Hey, just a thought: How long will it take before we see laptops and desktops with snap-on shells a-la the Nokia phones?

Originally posted by symphonix
I used to make-up PC boxes with retro lights and switches that looked like something out of Flash Gordon. Wobbly dials out of cassette decks, switchgear out of old cars, lights that blink, that sort of thing. Dead useless, but good fun.
Hey, just a thought: How long will it take before we see laptops and desktops with snap-on shells a-la the Nokia phones?

Already have....work got me a Dell Inspiron notebook. It came with different colored covers and palmrests that I could swap out.

i think if they wanted to do that, they would have already. nokia shells are popular with the trendy high school crowd, but becoming less so each day. i think they would have been cool with the imacs of old, but the future has something more unique in store.

... i think.

Back