Funny: guy proposing on latest apple.com timelapse

brianleahy

Colonel Panic
As of this morning (5/21/06) the timelapse movie on Apple's home page (showing the new NYC apple store) shows an amusing event a little after the halfway point.

If you ctrl-click the QT movie & save it to your hard drive, you can step through at leisure. You first see the guy at 00:00:29.3/6, leaning against a wall with some paper under his arm.

Then from 00:30.0/6 to 00:30.3/6 he holds up consecutive signs that say:

"Uschi Lang"
"I LOVE YOU"
"Will You Marry Me?"

Most amusing. :D

? Just because of the context. He's using the Apple Store's web cam to propose to his girlfriend. He apparently got up at the crack of dawn to do it; the sun hasn't been up for long when he first appears.

And because you don't expect to see any such thing on the Apple web page.

His girlfriend better be a big Apple fan or she may not be very impressed...

Heehee. I knew I saw something on a sign, but it went by so quickly.

That's really awesome. Hope she says "yes."

adambyte said:
Heehee. I knew I saw something on a sign, but it went by so quickly.

That's really awesome. Hope she says "yes."
She really ought to answer him with a sign on Apple's camera. How am I supposed to live the rest of my life not knowing?!

Nice timing. Exactly one frame per sign. :)

Either he got lucky, or he is a perfectionist sunuvagun: his whole message made it through. Or, perhaps he isn't: myself, I would have stood there with each message long enough for the video to show each message at least a second, and not just a fraction of it.

They've got the time split up hour for hour - in the 24 hour time lapse vid he gets three frames - but if you click on the 5:00AM link (just above the 24HOURS one) you get a better view.

Ishcabittle said:
They've got the time split up hour for hour - in the 24 hour time lapse vid he gets three frames - but if you click on the 5:00AM link (just above the 24HOURS one) you get a better view.

Hey, you're right, he stays on camera for a couple seconds at least. That's awesome. I hope she says yes. :)

Back