Funny iTunes article

Good article, thanks. Though I think the chap has some serious issues he should address before he worries about online music. Talk about issues over being high-strung and inadequate.

man go home... mac audio quality is just as good as windows audio quality with the speakers that come with the computer - get a new set of mac speakers!

Well, very good article but as some have mentioned I also don't get the point of poor audio quality on the mac (I'am mostly using headphones and I think the quality is sooo... sweet.

Advanced Audio Codec (Coding?) definetly aac. i still don't get the sound quality deal, my headphones sound better coming from my imac then my pc - but mabye mac's arent designed to drive surround sound systems? get some computer speakers man...

Does the article writer really expect the built-in speakers in his powerbook to sound good? :p

"The average person buying a portable music player has an income of over $100,000 (Geez, who makes that can kind of money, anyway?), according to NPDTechworld. "

come on now. these are the statistics that make me roll my eyes. give me a break.

The Apple customer base supposedly has one of the highest income and educational profiles of any computer product. I don't doubt that a lot of high income people buy the iPod. For them it is a status symbol but also an indication of their ebracing the best products available. Without that base, I'm afraid that a lot of Apple products would be a lot less spectacular than they are.

One needs only to look at the most popular downloads at the AMS to see that the majority of the music downloaded so far appeals to an older audience. Unless of course Elvis is making a comeback in the under 25 age group ;)

More interestingly, I think, although this article doesn't say so is that Apple makes as much on an iPod as it does on an iMac.

Remember that standard sound on any system, whether its a mac or pc won't be that great. For decent quality audio then you have to get a decent sound card. Its all relative - if sound isn't all that important to you then a soundblaster or the apple internal audio is fine, if you're making music then you get a proper sound card or an external audio interface. And no-one who's in the least bit serious about getting good audio quality uses computer speakers - you pay for what you get.

i dont doubt that apple consumers have higher average income than pc users. what i doubt is that the "average person buying a portable music player" makes $100,000.

i know plenty of college students with them and very few working people with them.

also, what is the average income for a person in the U.S? not family income either. i just dont think it all adds up. sorry.

"The money is all spent silently and easily, with the shock reserved for that next credit card statement. "You see, your honor, my client is declaring bankruptcy because he maxed out all his credit cards at the iTunes Music Store. He's such an unlucky sod, because his hard drive crashed and he lost all the music bought on credit."

He didn't mention that you can burn them to cd or put them on your iPod.

Also, how can you be shocked at a credit card statement if you keep track of what you spend?

Sounds like a case of poor money management.

Douglas Adams once said that people tend to place their tick on '100000+' if asked what they make a year (in online studies etc.). "Show people a person with a pencil and a notepad and they'll start to lie." Or something like that. And Douglas Adams, of course, is right.

ummm you cant go bankrupt more than buying cds in a record store. Usually if you like only a few songs on a cd, you buy the whole thing. Here, you buy the few you like, and you even save money. Instead of paying 20 dollars for the cd (that's how much it works out with tax in canada), you pay $1.50 (canadian) per song...... if there's 12 songs, you're saving a few bucks if u buy all songs on the cd. PC people are just jealous that we have this amazing program. If it came it for windows, they wouldnt say anything. They dont say anything about quicktime, cuz it's for pc too. If the Mac OS was somehow for windows, they wouldnt say anything at all about it.......

Back