Funny thing happened today...

Tyler

I preordered Mac OSX right after the japan show. I'm expecting it sometime after March 24th.

Today I receive an email from Apple that says...

--------------------
Dear Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent order for Apple products and apologize for the delay in fulfilling it. Unfortunately, one or more of the items ordered is experiencing a greater backlog delay than originally anticipated. Our goal is to get your order to you as soon as possible, but if you wish to cancel or change the order due to the delay, please contact us as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused and appreciate your business.

--------------------

This is really wierd. Must be that ANY order in their system longer than some preset length of time (30 days maybe) kicks out this form email. I just think it's strange for a company to apologize BEFORE the item is even available.

Tyler

I've heard about that happening. Fortunately, I think your right, its most likely an automatic response to an order not billing filled after a certain amount of time. I ordered my copy about 10 days ago and I did not receive any email claiming a delay.

LOL.... maybe they want to be safe than sorry ;) have their behinds covered just in *case* they cant produce enough LOL

Back