FWB Software under "New Management"

rhale1

KU Mac Geek
FWB Software has changed management, and several products we were "promised" have changed status. Primarily:
RealPC OSX - The new management is investigating the claims recently made by the previous management as to the status of this product. They will endeavour to update the public as soon as possible on the true status of the project and wish to continue development.

SoftWindows - Trademark for the name of this product is owned by Microsoft. The new management is (as with RealPC OSX) investigating the status of this product and intend to continue development.

Read the full story @ FWB Software

I seem to recall that Bungie was making a little game called Halo that was supposed to be cross-platform, Mac/Windows/Linux/BeOS/DOS/VT100/etc. Then they got a new manager and Halo was relegated to the Xbox bin.

F**k you, Microsoft, I want my Mac Halo! And Mac Half-life! And Mac Battlefield 1942! Um...

Anyway, I guess the point is (sh)it happens.

They didn't say it wasn't possible, but they just said the previous management made some exagerated promises.

With MS now running the Windows emulation market (owning both Windows and VPC), we are left with just VPC and a couple, less stable OpenSource alternatives. That's just wrong.

Originally posted by arden
Rhale: Just like Microsoft's near-monopoly over the OS market, right?

What I'm saying is that if Microsoft is holding development on these apps just because it now owns the (most likely) #1 PC Emulation app, its not right. I've tried Bochs and such, but they don't have the stability that Connectix put into VPC. In OS 9 I used RealPC because it was faster on my iBook 300, and was sad to see it get left behind when OS X came out.

P.S.: Microsoft has an OS Monopoly, true, but there are better systems out there, Apple for one, and Unix/Linux another. I can't say in my personal opinion that there is a better PC Emulation app for Mac OS X.

P.S.S.: I just realized it was old news. Sorry about that.

Back