G3 B&W Microphone Problem

pbmac

MacTV is your friend
I bought one of those grey / beige apple microphones and hooked it up to the microphone plug on my 400MHz G3 B&W.
I use Mac OS X 10.2.6

Somehow, though, the microphone does not seem to work as I can't get the OS to register the noise I make in front of the mic. Any suggestions?

pbmac

Go to the System Preferences>Sound>Input tab. Have the external mic selected and adjust the volume.

By the way are all those machines in your signature working?

Yeah,... they're all setup and work.
I actually sold the Newton 2000 and want to sell my second MacTV. Interested? :)

- pbmac

Originally posted by pbmac
Yeah,... they're all setup and work.
I actually sold the Newton 2000 and want to sell my second MacTV. Interested? :)

- pbmac

What's MacTV ?

Thanks

Sounds like TechTV. :rolleyes:

You should be getting a signal through your mic', unless it's not working. Plug it into a different computer and try it; if it doesn't work, then get a new (or better) one. If it does work, then your computer isn't recognizing it for some reason. What software are you trying to use it with, like to record or voice chat?

Did you get that microphone to work yet?

p.s. Please continue the selling conversations at the classified section or PM (Private Message) each other. :)

I haven't tried the mic with another mac yet - I'm actually on vacation in europe :) but I'll try that on some os 9 system...

thanks!

- pbmac

Back