G4 Dual Mirrored - Crt Monitor Cuts Off At Blue Load Screen

Gully02

Registered
Recently, my monitor has begun shutting off just prior to the "blue load screen" (the one that follows the grey with the apple and load ring). I tried the monitor with my old PC and it seems to work fine. I am using a G4 dual 1.25 with mirrored drive doors. The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I made a failed attempt at upgrading to Tiger (computer said verification failed) - BUT that was long before this began to happen. I thought it was a monitor problem, but as I said - it works on my old PC. I would guess it's something with the computer's graphics card, but I wanted to see what others thought. Thanks!
~Rob

Sounds like you have your system set to a resolution your monitor can't handle. We have some manky Dellboy flatscreens at work and people are forever setting them to resolutions they can't handle. After they panic and restart their Mac, they usually start up so far, then switch to the new res and the screen goes black again.

There's probably a simple way to fix it, clear PRAM and delete prefs maybe, but we normally hook them up to a decent monitor so we can see what we're doing, then change the res back down to 1600x1200 or whatever, then plug the Dell back in. Job's a good' un.

Back